Vacancy: Managing Director Innov8rs
Since 2011, Innov8rs has been hosting intimate and impactful conferences for corporate innovators in 24 cities globally, from Silicon Valley to Stockholm to Singapore to Sydney.
An audience of 35,000 innovators receives bi-weekly content updates. Through events, learning programs and content, they support corporate innovators to improve innovation outcomes in their organization. As a trusted independent platform, we offer them a unique opportunity to understand best and next practices, share challenges and how to solve them, and learn new frameworks and skills.
To fuel their expansion, they’re looking for a Managing Director to join their team and accelerate their activities.
Your role can be shaped based on your own interest and experience, and will most probably evolve continuously. Consider this a starting point for the responsibilities:
- Content thought leadership
Based on what’s happening in the field of innovation and feedback from our community, you curate the content creation, themes and speakers for rich, diverse and top-notch programs.
- Community & brand building
You manage and grow relationships with international influencers, experts, partners and customers, and actively build the innov8rs brand.
- Event experience design
Innov8rs designs events where you do and learn stuff, not just get a bit of inspiration. It’s much more a community than a conference. You care about delivering a well-rounded engaging experience in close collaboration with our Events Director
- Marketing and Sales performance
You secure the annual sales objectives and know how to market and sell conference tickets, corporate packages and partnership packages. You have a strong focus on continuously analyzing and improving our digital (content) marketing and sales efforts.
- New business development
You develop long-term new business activities worldwide following our expansion roadmap.
- Operational & people management
You are responsible for the budget management and overall stakeholder management. You lead a core team of four professionals, all working remotely, as well as a team of freelancers and agencies.
It’s unlikely you ever earned a degree for this type of role. Rather, you have developed your skill set and gained your experience as an innovation professional, community manager or innovation events geek.
Here’s what Innov8rs finds important:
- You are passionate about all types of innovation, new technologies, new ways of working, new business models, etc
- You know what it takes to lead innovation in large organizations, and are able to translate that into engaging program design and effective marketing strategies and sales conversations. You have a good sense of what’s current in corporate innovation and you stay on top of what’s next
- You love building a community and bringing people together – having a strong network already is definitely a plus!
- As you are the face of our brand, you will be the official hosts for our conferences – you are comfortable on a stage and a compelling presenter
- You are experienced in effectively strategizing digital marketing
- You are an entrepreneur by nature, and combine this easily with being a disciplined program manager and an inspiring people lead as well.
- You are known for your ‘raise the bar’ mentality. You are able to meet competing deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You are open for international travel (eg. 8-10 times a year, generally up to 5 days per conference)
- You are fluent in English, other languages are an asset.
You want to be part of a strong international brand, where you can:
- Take on many responsibilities and growth possibilities in an exciting international environment
- Have direct impact on the overall strategy and direction of our company
- Play a key role in global business development
- Meet with thousands of corporate innovators and build a global personal network
- Build your personal brand as innovation influencer
- Work from anywhere, as long as you are able to align closely with your team and the CEO.
Let’s connect and explore. Start the application process via this link.